Why Invest in Property?
Property investment is known to have a lot of advantages, but most people aren’t aware that you don’t need a huge salary to invest in your first property. Lenders will make an assessment based on rental income from your investment as well as your income, and if you already own a property with some equity in it, you might be able to use it as a deposit for an investment property.
The top benefits of having an investment property include:
- Capital growth – the increase of the value of your investment property considered alongside its yield. You may be able to use the growth in your first investment property to fund the down payment on your next investment by tapping into the equity in your home.
- Rental income (yield) generated by the investment property that can help you pay off your mortgage sooner and provide a source of passive income.
- Tax benefits; the fees and interest you pay on your loan and on the maintenance of your investment property may be tax deductible. Additionally, if the interest and other costs on your property are more than the income it produces (negative gearing), the loss can reduce the tax you pay on your earnings.
Investor Types. Which one are you?
- First home buyers – You’re purchasing your very first property. We’ll guide you through the process of buying your first home, choosing the right financing option, and provide support whenever you need it.
- First home investor – You already own a property and are now purchasing your first investment property. We’ll help you get property savvy and teach you how to get the most out of your investment.
- Multiple home investor – You’ve got multiple investment properties and would like to expand your property portfolio. We’ll help you monitor your performance and maximise your returns.
- Complex investor – You’re an experienced investor interested further expanding your property portfolio and get more out of your investments. We’ll show you how to structure your investments to take advantage of tax benefits, monitor performance and maximise your returns.